NAV as on 31 Aug 2021184.41721.73 (0.95%)
Fund Key Highlights
1. The Current Net Asset Value of the SBI Contra Fund as of 31 Aug 2021 is Rs 184.4172 for Growth option of its Regular plan.
2. Its trailing returns over different time periods are: 84.14% (1yr), 18.54% (3yr), 14.21% (5yr) and 18.87% (since launch). Whereas, Category returns for the same time duration are: 58.37% (1yr), 12.84% (3yr) and 13.06% (5yr).
Show More +
Things you should consider
Investors understand that their principal will be at Very High risk.
Annualized return for the last 3 years
Suggested Investment Horizon
Average time taken to double the money since inception
Fund NAV Range
Current vs Stated Allocation
Enter investment amount:
Only one asset can be added for purpose of comparison
Evaluate your investment performance
Top 5 Peer Comparison
1. SBI Contra Fund is Open-ended Value Oriented Equity scheme which belongs to SBI Mutual Fund House.
2. The fund was launched on May 09, 2005.
Investment objective & Benchmark
1. The investment objective of the fund is that The scheme seeks to provide the investor with the opportunity of long-term capital appreciation by investing in a diversified portfolio of equity and equity related securities following a contrarian investment strategy.
2. It is benchmarked against S&P BSE 100 Index.
Asset Allocation & Portfolio Composition
1. The asset allocation of the fund comprises around 96.11% in equities, 0.0% in debts and 3.89% in cash & cash equivalents.
2. While the top 10 equity holdings constitute around 28.69% of the assets, the top 3 sectors constitute around 41.11% of the assets.
3. The fund largely follows a Blend oriented style of investing and invests across market capitalisations - around 47.19% in giant & large cap companies, 20.46% in mid cap and 32.34% in small cap companies.
1. Gains are taxed at a rate of 15% (Short-term Capital Gain Tax - STCG) if units are redeemed within 1 year of investment.
2. For units redeemed after 1 year of investment, gains of upto Rs. 1 lakh accruing from those units in a financial year shall be exempted from tax.
3. Gains of more than Rs. 1 lakh will be taxed at a rate of 10% (Long-term Capital Gain Tax - LTCG).
4. For Dividend Distribution Tax, the dividend income from this fund will get added to the income of an investor and taxed according to his/her respective tax slabs.
5. Also, for dividend income in excess of Rs 5,000 in a financial year; the fund house shall deduct a TDS of 10% on such income.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is it safe to invest in SBI Contra Fund?
A: As per SEBI’s latest guidelines to calculate risk grades, investment in the SBI Contra Fund comes under Very High risk category.
Q: What is the category of SBI Contra Fund?
A: SBI Contra Fund belongs to the Equity: Value Oriented category of funds.
Q: How Long should I Invest in SBI Contra Fund?
A: The suggested investment horizon of investing into SBI Contra Fund is >3 years. The suggested investment horizon is the minimum time required for holding investments in the fund to reduce its downside risk and ensure that the returns become more predictable.
Q: Who manages the SBI Contra Fund?
A: The SBI Contra Fund is managed by Dinesh Balachandran (Since May 04, 2018).
Data Sources: Mutual Funds, ETFs, and NPS data are sourced from Value Research
Tell us about you
Find us at the office
Czerniakowski- Abodeely street no. 60, 49490 Hamilton, Bermuda
Give us a ring
+11 189 505 54
Mon - Fri, 11:00-22:00