|Founded||8 August 1996; 25 years ago|
|Founder||Dinesh D. Thakkar|
|Headquarters||Ackruti Trade Center, Andheri (E), |
|Revenue||₹7,427.79 million (US$100 million) (2019-20)|
|₹7,105.18 million (US$100 million) (2019-20)|
|₹866.24 million (US$12 million) (2019-20)|
|AUM||₹132,540 million (US$1.9 billion) (June 2020)|
|Total assets||₹21,592.05 million (US$300 million) (2019-20)|
|Total equity||₹5,688.66 million (US$80 million) (2019-20)|
Angel Broking Limited, trading under the brand name Angel One, is an Indian stockbroker firm established in 1996. The company is a member of the Bombay Stock Exchange, National Stock Exchange of India, National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange Limited and Multi Commodity Exchange of India Limited. It is a depository participant with Central Depository Services Limited (CDSL). The company has more than 8500 sub-brokers and franchisee outlets in more than 900 cities across India.
The companys services include online stock broking, depository services, commodity trading and investment advisory services. Personal loans and insurance are also delivered by this company. In 2006, Angel Broking also started its portfolio management services, IPOs business and mutual funds distribution arm.
Angel Broking was incorporated on 8 August 1996 as a private limited company. Later, Angel Broking was incorporated as a wealth management, retail and corporate broking firm in December, 1997. In November 1998, Angel Capital and Debt Market Ltd. gained membership of National Stock Exchange as a legal entity. The company opened its commodity broking Division in April, 2004. In November 2007, Birla Sun Life Insurance joined hands with Angel Broking for distribution of its insurance products. The International Finance Corporation bought an 18% stake in Angel Broking for ₹152 crore (equivalent to ₹369 crore or US$52 million in 2019) in December 2007. The company opened an office in Karol Bagh, New Delhi in October 2012.
In January 2013, a probe found the company and two other entities involved in fraudulent and unfair trade practices in transactions of shares of Sun Infoways during Feb-May 2001. As a result, SEBI restrained from taking new clients for a period of two weeks. Angel filed an appeal against the SEBI order which was dismissed by the Securities appellate tribunal. Angel Broking began offered shares through an initial public offering in September 2020, and was listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange on 5 October 2020.
On 22 April 2021, Angel Broking appointed Silicon Valley veteran Narayan Gangadhar as its new CEO. The Board of Angel Broking approved changing the companys brand identity to appeal to Gen Z and millenial investors on 29 May 2021. The company officially began using the new Angel One branding and logo on 3 August 2021, while its corporate legal name continues to be Angel Broking Limited.
Angel Broking has products such as Angel Spark, Angel BEE mutual fund app, Angel SpeedPro, Angel Trade and Angel Swift for online trading. Angel Eye is a browser trading application; SpeedPro is a trading platform application; Angel Trade offers an online trading platform for share investors; and Swift is a trading app for small devices.
Angel Broking app has been incorporated with a machine learning technology called ARQ, that keys in up to a billion data points and uses advanced nature-based algorithms, quantitative analysis and the Nobel-prize winning Modern Portfolio Theory to enable personalized investment advice to help users get better returns on investments. ARQ is based on a model where performance has been optimized to provide recommendations with high probability of outperformance and strike rates. The model has been tested using scientific back-testing and has also been validated based on its track record.
- 2009 - Broking House with Largest Distribution Network Award and Best Retail Broking House Award at BSE IPF-D&B Equity Broking Awards
- 2012 - BSE IPF-D&B Equity Broking Award for ‘Best Retail Broking House’
- 2012-13 - Among BSE Top 10 Performers in Equity Segment (Retail Trading) FY 2012-13
- 2013 - BSE-IPF D&B Equity Broking Award for ‘Broking House with Largest Distribution Network’
- 2013 - BSE-IPF D&B Equity Broking Award for Best Retail Equity Broking House
- 2013-14 - Awarded ‘Top Three Clients Traded Members in Equity’ by the BSE
- 2014 - BSE-IPF D&B Equity Broking Award for ‘Broking House with Largest Distribution Network’
- 2014 - Global Marketing Excellence Award for Best Mobile trading application
- 2017 - MCX Commodity broker of the year award
- ^ About Company & Our Stock Broking Services. Angel One. Retrieved 22 August 2021.
- ^ a b Consolidated Results (PDF). Angel One. Retrieved 22 August 2021.
- ^ List of Members - Derivatives. BSE India. p. Clearing No. 612. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- ^ Angel Broking. Bloomberg. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- ^ List of CDSL DPs. Central Depository Services (India) Limited. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- ^ Srinivasan, Karthik; Shivakumar, L. (2012). Angel Broking Profile (PDF). www.icra.in. ICRA Ltd. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- ^ IIMs on Board with Angel Broking. moneycontrol.com. 12 March 2008.
- ^ SEBI REGISTERED DEPOSITORY PARTICIPANTS OF CDSL AS ON 31-08-2011 (PDF). Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). SEBI. p. 1 Sr. No. 34. Archived from the original (PDF) on 29 December 2009. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- ^ Broking - Indias Leading BFSI Companies 2011 (PDF). India: D&B Business Insight Series. 2011: 98. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- ^ Angel Broking Ltd. Business Standard India. Retrieved 22 August 2021.
- ^ Sood, Parina (7 November 2014). Manage money, make money. Franchise India.
- ^ Study Of Best Practices In The Bfsi Sector For Marketing, Branding & Communications Plan. Sanjay Gupta. p. 53. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- ^ Angel Broking Limited- Background (PDF). Dun & Bradstreet. Dun & Bradstreet.[permanent dead link]
- ^ Birla Sun Life enters into alliance with Angel Broking. Economics Times. Press Trust of India (PTI). 26 November 2007.
- ^ IFC Buys 18% In Angel Broking For Rs 152 Cr; Goldman, Macquarie In Deal With PFS. VCCircle. 23 November 2007. Archived from the original on 8 June 2009. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- ^ Ghosh, Ahona; Gupta, Apurv. Dinesh Thakkars Angel Broking expands while other brokerages downsize. The Economic Times. Retrieved 22 August 2021.
- ^ a b Sebi restrains Angel Broking, other stock brokers for two weeks. The Economic Times. 31 January 2013. Retrieved 28 March 2019.
- ^ Bureau, Our. Tribunal upholds SEBI order against Angel Broking. @businessline. Retrieved 28 March 2019.
- ^ Raj, Shubham. Angel Broking IPO to open on Tuesday: All you need to know about the issue. The Economic Times. Retrieved 22 August 2021.
- ^ Angel Broking Appoints Silicon Valley Techie Narayan Gangadhar As New CEO. Moneycontrol. Retrieved 15 May 2021.
- ^ Market, Capital (29 May 2021). Board of Angel Broking approves new Masterbrand Angel One. Business Standard India. Retrieved 22 August 2021.
- ^ Studio, HT Brand (3 August 2021). Angel broking is now Angel One; aims to help millennials with financial matters. mint. Retrieved 22 August 2021.
- ^ Angel Broking launches AI-based BEEChat. Times of India.
- ^ Angel Swift for Smartphones. Google Play.
- ^ Angel SpeedPro. software.informer.
- ^ Angel Trades Trading Platforms. Chittorgarh.
- ^ Angel Broking launches We for you campaign. Afaqs. 15 November 2012.
- ^ Angel Broking Brokerage Charges. Indian Stock Brokers. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- ^ Angel Brokings machine learning engine is like having Iron Mans Jarvis by your side. Economic Times.
- ^ Angel Broking experts explain how investment engine ARQ works. Money Control.
- ^ Press Trust of India (28 May 2009). Angel Broking to raise Rs 300 cr from PE firms. Business Standard. New Delhi.
- ^ Angel Broking wins Best Retail Broking House Award for the 3rd time. Commodity Online. 9 October 2012.
- ^ Top 10 Performers in Equity Segment (Retail Tading) FY 2012-13. BSE India. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- ^ Zee Business Organises Financial Markets Conclave 2010. India DTH Blog. April 2009.
- ^ Angel Broking awarded as the Best Retail Equity Broking House at the BSE-IPF D&B Equity Broking Award 2013. Indian News & Times. Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- ^ Top 10 performer in Equity Segment (Retail) 2013 - 2014. Indiainfoline. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- ^ Award Winners 2014. Dun & Bradstreet. Archived from the original on 13 April 2015. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- ^ Angel Broking App Gets The Best Mobile Trading Application Award at Global Marketing Excellence Awards. www.businesswireindia.com. Retrieved 28 March 2019.
- ^ Angel Broking bags prestigious Commodity Broker of the Year Award. EquityBulls. 20 May 2017. Retrieved 28 March 2019.
Tell us about you
Find us at the office
Czerniakowski- Abodeely street no. 60, 49490 Hamilton, Bermuda
Give us a ring
+11 189 505 54
Mon - Fri, 11:00-22:00