NAV as on 31 Aug 2021152.26002.03 (1.35%)
Fund Key Highlights
1. The Current Net Asset Value of the ICICI Prudential Technology Fund as of 31 Aug 2021 is Rs 152.2600 for Growth option of its Regular plan.
2. Its trailing returns over different time periods are: 105.12% (1yr), 32.57% (3yr), 27.21% (5yr) and 12.84% (since launch). Whereas, Category returns for the same time duration are: 82.25% (1yr), 29.16% (3yr) and 24.99% (5yr).
Show More +
Things you should consider
Investors understand that their principal will be at Very High risk.
Annualized return for the last 3 years
Suggested Investment Horizon
Average time taken to double the money since inception
Fund NAV Range
Current vs Stated Allocation
Enter investment amount:
Only one asset can be added for purpose of comparison
Evaluate your investment performance
Top 5 Peer Comparison
1. ICICI Prudential Technology Fund is Open-ended Sectoral-Technology Equity scheme which belongs to ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund House.
2. The fund was launched on Mar 03, 2000.
Investment objective & Benchmark
1. The investment objective of the fund is that The scheme will seek long term capital appreciation by investing in equity and equity related securities of technology and technology dependent companies. A large share of the AUM will be invested in the stocks under the Benchmark Index, however, the scheme may also invest in other companies which form a part of Information Technology Services Industry.
2. It is benchmarked against S&P BSE Teck Index.
Asset Allocation & Portfolio Composition
1. The asset allocation of the fund comprises around 96.36% in equities, 0.0% in debts and 3.64% in cash & cash equivalents.
2. While the top 10 equity holdings constitute around 65.37% of the assets, the top 3 sectors constitute around 93.79% of the assets.
3. The fund largely follows a Growth oriented style of investing and invests across market capitalisations - around 57.63% in giant & large cap companies, 24.35% in mid cap and 18.02% in small cap companies.
1. Gains are taxed at a rate of 15% (Short-term Capital Gain Tax - STCG) if units are redeemed within 1 year of investment.
2. For units redeemed after 1 year of investment, gains of upto Rs. 1 lakh accruing from those units in a financial year shall be exempted from tax.
3. Gains of more than Rs. 1 lakh will be taxed at a rate of 10% (Long-term Capital Gain Tax - LTCG).
4. For Dividend Distribution Tax, the dividend income from this fund will get added to the income of an investor and taxed according to his/her respective tax slabs.
5. Also, for dividend income in excess of Rs 5,000 in a financial year; the fund house shall deduct a TDS of 10% on such income.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is it safe to invest in ICICI Prudential Technology Fund?
A: As per SEBI’s latest guidelines to calculate risk grades, investment in the ICICI Prudential Technology Fund comes under Very High risk category.
Q: What is the category of ICICI Prudential Technology Fund?
A: ICICI Prudential Technology Fund belongs to the Equity: Sectoral-Technology category of funds.
Q: How Long should I Invest in ICICI Prudential Technology Fund?
A: The suggested investment horizon of investing into ICICI Prudential Technology Fund is >3 years. The suggested investment horizon is the minimum time required for holding investments in the fund to reduce its downside risk and ensure that the returns become more predictable.
Q: Who manages the ICICI Prudential Technology Fund?
A: The ICICI Prudential Technology Fund is managed by Sankaran Naren (Since Jul 14, 2017), Vaibhav Dusad (Since May 02, 2020), Priyanka Khandelwal (Since Jun 16, 2017) and Atul Patel (Since May 23, 2012).
Tell us about you
Find us at the office
Czerniakowski- Abodeely street no. 60, 49490 Hamilton, Bermuda
Give us a ring
+11 189 505 54
Mon - Fri, 11:00-22:00